What you’ll learn:
- Installation, troubleshooting, testing, measuring and analysis of electrical circuits
- Operation of testing equipment and instruments in the electrical field
- Installation, maintenance and service of residential, industrial and commercial wiring systems
- Operation of programmable controllers for motor controls with computer functions and microprocessors
- Operation of industrial motor controls from Logic Line diagrams
- The National Electrical Code (NEC)
Typical jobs to start your career:
- Electrical Control Assembler
- Electrical Maintenance Helper
- Heating and Air Conditioning Installer
- Residential Electrician
- Commercial Electrician
Employers of students from this program:
- IBEW Apprenticeship
- IEC Apprenticeship
- Panelmatic Youngstown, Inc.
- Roth Brothers/Novar Electronics
- First Energy
College and related education:
Two-year technical degree in electrical technology. Four-year professional degree in electrical engineering. Four-year apprenticeship program.
To be a student in this program, you must be able to distinguish colors, be able to follow directions, have good manual dexterity and be able to use math skills to perform basic equations.